Sunday, August 24, 2008

Early Morning Rain and Fog in Trancentral


On Awakening

Morning was jovial
With raindrops rushing in glee to the ground.
The cold morning greeted me with
The fresh scent of the earth.
And so,
I remembered water puddles
And paper boats
And baths in the rain
And wet birds quivering in the cold.

(Messiah Chrome)


 


One early morning some months ago, I trekked the Trancentral Highway (the highway that connects Cebu City and the town of Balamban, snaking through the mountain ranges that borders the two) from Ayala Heights to Taptap, a stop-over area with stores selling local produce, with sweet corns as bestseller. I was hoping to continue to trek until Gaas (a baranggay in Balamban) but the early morning rain and fog decided against it. And so I stopped by this store, taking cover and eating freshly boiled sweet corns and banana...


 



Snapshots on the Way....

A road sign...


 


Rows of baby's breath...





 

Arriving in Taptap shortly before the strong drizzle...




 


Chillies and tomatoes after the rain...







I am looking forward to a continuation of this hiking adventure, further up the highway. I usually ply through Trancentral by taking a motorcycle ride. Walking however offers a different take of the road side views...

1 comment: